Nov 26, 2017
Hope the Thanksgiving Holiday was well with you. Did you find any good Black "Friday" deals? I found a moderate deal; $25 off a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50, so look for a revew and installation project on that next spring.
I have been simultaneously working on several projects, all of which will have videos and project pages:
- Magnetometer controlled ON/OFF switch. Similar to the Accellerometer I used for the CylonEye project, a Magnetometer is essentially a compass. I am building a circuit that can detect a directional change in the RV, and turn on a circuit. I am going to attempt to wire my backup camera into that circuit, so whenever it detects a directional change... essentially movement, it will turn the camera on. The camera will then stay on until the magnetometer does not see any change for 30 minutes. That prevents the camera from turning off prematurely as you are traveling down a straight road, etc.
Such a circuit could be used for a buglar alarm. If someone attempts to steal the RV, movement could set off a Klaxon or other annunciator. Of course, there will need to be some kind of sensitivity arrangement so that slight movement (i.e. walking around inside the RV, or blowing wind) will not set it off.
- I am also working on several adapter boards for the Linc Receiver project. One board is especially noteworthy. It is intended to drive LEDs or LED strips, will include a dimmer circuit, and a timeout (set it to turn off automatically in x hours). But the best part is it can be used stand-alone, so you don't need to install the Linc Receiver to use it. You can either buy an inexpensive ($10) transmitter/receiver module from Amazon/eBay, or elect to not even remote control it (it can be controlled by the RV's main control panel).
- Also a tutorial "All About Dimmers" is in the works. This will be a comprehensive look at LED dimmers for RV's, as well as a selection process for choosing the correct one.
- I am also doing some research into yet improving the range of the Furrion Wireless Backup Camera to include replacing the antenna with one with more gain.
- DC Surge suppressors is a topic I have been researching for awhile. Look for a video on that topic soon.
Well that is about it for the projects I am working on. Hope you have a great off-season, or a great holidy camping season for those of you in the warmer climates.
More to come;